ASSISTANT CORPORATE FINANCE MANAGER
- Post Date:November 28, 2017
Our client, a global business with a proud history and an exciting future is looking to hire a proactive Assistant Corporate Finance Manager to support their operations in Ghana.
Responsible for ensuring the efficient supervision of all related Intercompany and fixed Asset transactions in ensuring the integrity of the Company’s related party payables and receivables / assets are stated accurately on a monthly basis within the General Ledger function.
- The ideal candidate is expected to reconcile and ensure accuracy of all General Ledger’s unit related balance sheet/P&L accounts and forecast of the Company.
- Prepare all GL related balance sheet account schedules and coordinate the collection of all other accounts from other custodians and ensure records management.
- Closure of the company’s books of account.
- Ensure that accurate completion of financial management reports.
- Prepares commentaries of key drivers of actual vs. Plan financials.
- Fixed Asset Balances: Supervise the reconciliation of fixed asset ledger balances to general ledger control account balances. Establish the actual cost and rates of depreciation for all company assets.
- Bank Reconciliation: Supervise the reconciliation carried out by shared service centre.
- Royalties and Technical & Advisory Fees: Ensure that both Royalties and T&A calculation and payment through treasury are carried out in a timely and accurate manner. And liaise with auditors for sign off.
- Ensure all accruals are carried out on time and accurately.
- The Job holder is expected to ensure compliance with the Company’s policy on records management
- The Job holder is also expected to ensure that the Company maintains proper record in terms of all related party transactions and fixed asset register.
- Serve as a key user as well as first point of reference on issues relating to Intercompany / Fixed Asset, in the company’s accounting enterprise resource programme (ERP), presently, Systems Applications and Procedures (SAP).
- The Job holder is to ensure that policies and procedures put in place to ensure the efficient and effective operation of Intercompany /Fixed Asset transactions are enforced
- Provide general financial information and assistance to employees.
- Engage stakeholders appropriately to ensure smooth running of the unit.
- Ensure participation of self and team members in trainings aimed at adding value to the unit, department and Company
- Build and equip the potentials and competencies of team members while attending to areas requiring attention
- Improve the exiting level of relationship between the unit and its stakeholders
- Ensure that the Company’s internal control environment with respect to the company’s financial record on intercompany /fixed assets are efficient and effective
- Create an atmosphere in which all team members can perform to their optimum
- Ensure alignment of Intercompany /Fixed Assets Performance objectives from Financial Accounting Manual(FAM) through Fixed Deposit (FD) include cross-functional linkages) and down through Finance structure
- Ensure that the unit optimises the use of IT technology in improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the operations of the unit
- Optimise the use of Information Technology to ensure knowledge management within the unit
- Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences
- Member of a recognized professional accountancy body
- A good knowledge of book keeping and financial reporting
- Good knowledge of company Enterprise Resource Programme (ERP), systems and procedures (SAP) especially General Ledger in F1 Module is essential.
- Ability to deliver results on time
- Proficiency in Microsoft word and excel
- Ability to deliver quality information to enhance informed decision-making by management
- Familiar with key finance processes, corporate finance, account payable and receivables and financial recording
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
To apply send CVs to email@example.com