PROCUREMENT AND LOGISTICS OFFICER
- Post Date:March 1, 2018
- Apply Before: March 30, 2018
Our client, a global health organization with the aim of improving the health of people in developing countries is looking for a well-organized and a proactive PROCURMENT LOGISTICS OFFICER to help with their operations in Ghana.
Successful candidate should possess knowledge of Ghana’s Procurement Policies, trade and public procurement; pharmaceutical or medical device procurement.
- Work with other departments to determine various service needs, including consultancy services
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of Consultant Procurement policies and procedures
- Lead the procurement process for consultant services, as well as commodities on an as needed basis
- Prepare and provide procurement of consultant services training
- Ensure compliance in the consultant procurement process
- Negotiate contracts to get best value for resources
- Prepare bid evaluation forms for field and/or donor review
- Prepare and monitor purchase orders and contracts
- Ensure that health products meet appropriate quality standards
- Maintain procurement files in accordance with company policies and/donor requirements
- Be responsible for “Procure to Pay” cycle for procurement activity
- Provide service/product research and source-of supply research
- Serve as the focal point for Procurement of Consultant
- Undertake projects related to the departmental goals
- Prepare and deliver capacity building/training activities both within the department as well as to other departments and network members and field offices
- Other duties as required
- Undergraduate degree in supply chain management, project management, administration or related field.
- Professional membership of CIPS/GIPS
- A minimum of 4-6 years of experience in procurement and logistics.
- Must have working knowledge of procurement regulations, including AIDAR.
- Must be exceptional in communication skills and sense of humor, teamwork essential.
- Must have expanded computer skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of Ghana procurement laws and international procurement laws desirable.
- Must have experience with non-profit and/or international development organizations
- Must have knowledge of USAID procedures and regulations
- Must pay exceptional attention to detail and follow through capabilities
- Must be a team player
- Must have the willingness to work in a flexible, professional capacity, and to perform a variety of tasks with varying deadlines and priorities
- Must be familiar with or interested in international development.
To apply please send CVs to email@example.com