SALES/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE
- Post Date:March 8, 2018
- Apply Before: March 27, 2018
Our client, a freight forwarding company is currently looking for an efficient and proactive Sales/Business Development Executive to help with their operations in Ghana.
Successful candidate should be able to bring on board new clients and strengthen existing customer relationships and have ability to successfully close business transactions and achieve sales goals.
He/she must have some already existing clients and must be well-established with customer contacts and new business leads in the freight forwarding and logistics industry.
- Develop business and strengthen existing customer relationships and have ability to successfully close business transactions and achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for securing new customers and maintaining and developing existing accounts.
- Meet and exceed target set in terms of contributing and generating revenue for the department.
- Develop a database of suitable leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face, cold calling on business owners, direct mail, email, and networking.
- Demonstrates technical selling skills and industry knowledge
- Sell consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients of the various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Achieve sales targets, provide sales forecasts, and proactively take initiatives to improve sales performance.
- Gather market intelligence covering new trends, booming industries, competitor rates & activities to effectively approach the market.
- Duly complete all customer related formalities required by the company (such as quotations, order confirmations, contracts, and credit agreements) in a timely manner, leaving no room for financial disputes.
- Creates and conducts effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects’ business problems, the effects of the problems and creating company’s solutions to their problems.
- Identify potential customers and register opportunities; relentlessly pursue realization of such opportunities leading to revenue for the company.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within assigned territory.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Degree in Sales/Business Development or related discipline.
A minimum 3 years sales experience in the Freight forwarding (Air, sea) and logistics industry with a proven sales record.
- Must have working knowledge of freight forwarding and logistics regulations.
- Creative and proactive approach towards challenges
- Strong ability to persuade, motivate, influence and build customer relationships at all levels.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be well-established with customer contacts and new business leads
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
- Have a valid driver’s license and a personal car for business use
- Must pay exceptional attention to detail.
- Must be a team player
- Good understanding on market trend and demand
- Self-starter with a good business sense
Independent, resourceful and possess high drive to excel
- Ability to take initiative and responsibility
- You must be self-motivated and possess excellent negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Loyal with a deep sense of commitment
To Apply please send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org